Petunias are one of the most popular flowers, often grown as annuals.
Petunia flower Seeds multicolor
- If you are going to grow from seeds, start them indoors 10 to 12 weeks before you want to set them outside. Petunia seeds are very small and needs lots of light in order to germinate. Remember to water them. When the plants have three leaves, you can plant them outside.
- Petunias can grow in partial shade, but they will have fewer flowers. It’s better if the plants have shelter from the wind.
- Space the plants about 1 foot apart.
- If you’re planting petunias in containers, use a soil-less mix.
- Petunias are tolerant of heat so you don’t have to water them regularly. A thorough watering once a week should be sufficient .
- Fertilize your plants monthly to ensure good growth. Double-flowered cultivars like a biweekly dose of fertilizer.
- Remove faded/dead flowers to prolong blooming.